Pairs well with Freshly Greek whole grain mix
Makes: 4 Servings
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4 fillets of fresh white fish (sole, turbot, haddock, tilapia, seabass, etc...)
- salt and pepper
- 6 olives, pitted and quartered
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 lemon
*Start cooking the Freshly Greek whole grain mix while preparing this dish
- Season fillets lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil on a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Depending on the size of the fish, cook the first side for 2-3 mins until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium. With a spatula, carefully flip them and continue with the other side. Add in olives, tomatoes, and capers around the fish. Cook for about 2-3 mins.
- 5. Squeeze lemon juice on each fish. Serve with Freshly Greek whole grains.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t have a non-stick pan? Or you simply don’t feel like cleaning your pan after cooking. Line a parchment over pan. Cook fish on the paper. The paper won’t go on fire and the fish will brown nicely.
- Pat dry the fish with a paper towel before pan frying.
- Ensure that the pan is hot enough before cooking the fish. Splash with a bit of water on the pan and the oil should sizzle. The fish is ready to be cooked.
- To check if the fish is fully cooked, nudge with a fork and see if it flakes easily. Undercooked fish resists flaking and is translucent.
- To extract the most juice out of the lemon, roll it back and forth on the counter while applying pressure before cutting.